Khaleda Zia is the most popular woman in Bangladesh, Who knows as Bangladesh national party (PNP) chairperson. If you read this post till then end, You can know about Khaleda Zia’s early life, Age, Height, Weight, full biography & some unknown fact about this woman.
Basic information of Khaleda Zia
|Full Name:||Khaleda Zia|
|Nick Name:||Putul, Khaleda Khanom|
|Source Name:||Not Available|
|Birth Date:||15 August 1946|
|Birthplace:||Jalpaiguri, British India|
|Spouse Name:||Ziaur Rahman|
|Political party:||Bangladesh National party (BNP)|
|Net Worth:||1B$+ Approx.|
Khaleda Zia's Height, Weight, & More
|Height (approx.):||In centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||In kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs Weight:
The early life of Begum Zia:
Begum Khaleda Zia is the head of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP). Khaleda Zia was born on 15 August 1946 in Dinajpur, Jalpaiguri, British India. He served as the Prime Minister for a total of 10 years, from 1991-1996 and 2001-2006. She is the first female Prime Minister of Bangladesh and the second female Prime Minister of the Muslim world.
Family of Khaleda Zia
- Begum Khaleda Zia’s real name is Khaleda Khanam, the nickname is Putul. She is the third of three sisters and two brothers. The brothers are the youngest. His grandfather Haji Salamat Ali, grandfather Toabur Rahman of Jalpaiguri. Father Mr. Iskander Majumder and mother Begum Tayyaba Majumder.
- Khaleda Zia’s husband is former President of Bangladesh Lieutenant General Ziaur Rahman Biruttam. One of his brothers Major (Retd.) Saeed Iskander was an elected Member of Parliament from Bangladesh Nationalist Party for Feni-1 constituency. The eldest of his two sons, Tareq Rahman (born 20 November 1967) is the 1st Vice-Chairman of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party.
- His youngest son Arafat Rahman Koko (12 August 1970 – 24 January 2015). Arafat Rahman Coco died of a heart attack at the University Of Malaysia Malaya Hospital on January 24, 2015.
Apart from being a businessman, Arafat Rahman was also associated with the Bangladesh Cricket Board and City Club.
Education of PM Khaleda Zia:
Khaleda Zia’s school life started at the age of five in Dinajpur Mission School. Then she was admitted to Dinajpur Girls School. Later he studied at Surendranath College.
Marriage story of Khaleda Zia:
She married Ziaur Rahman in August 1960. Ziaur Rahman’s nickname is Kamal. Zia was then a captain in the Pakistan Army. He was working in Dinajpur as an officer of DFI.
Begum Zia’s Political life:
Ziaur Rahman was killed in a failed military coup on 30 May 1981. He then joined the BNP on January 3, 1982 at the invitation of leaders and activists of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party at various levels. On March 24, 1982, Army Chief Lieutenant General Ershad deposed Justice Abdus Sattar. Begum Zia opposed it.
In March 1983, She became the senior vice chairman of the BNP. He made his first speech at the extended meeting of the party on 1 April 1983. When Justice Sattar fell ill, he became the acting chairperson of the party. He was elected unopposed as the party chairperson on 10 May 1984. Under his leadership, the BNP fully developed.
National Parliament election story of Khaleda Zia:
- On 19 March 1991, Begum Khaleda Zia was appointed Prime Minister of the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh in the 5th Parliamentary Election. His government established a parliamentary system of government in the country.
- The Sixth Parliament was elected on 15 February 1996. Which was later regarded as a one-party election in 1996. After the objections of all the opposition parties, Khaleda Zia and her party elected this unit. All opposition parties, including the Awami League, boycotted the election. This parliament lasts only 15 days. Khaleda Zia was the Prime Minister of this Parliament. The caretaker government’s bill was passed in the Sixth National Assembly under strong pressure from the outside world and Khaleda Zia resigned.
- In the 7th parliamentary elections in 1996, the BNP won a total of 117 seats, which was not enough to form a government. The Awami League won a total of 147 seats, forming a government with the support of the Jatiya Party. The BNP emerged as the largest opposition party in the history of Bangladesh in the seventh parliament. Begum Khaleda Zia was the Leader of the Opposition in Parliament during the five-year rule of the Awami League.
- Before the 8th parliamentary elections, the BNP formed a four-party alliance with Jamaat-e-Islami, Islami Oikyajot and Jatiya Party. In the October 1, 2001, parliamentary elections, the four-party alliance won a landslide victory and formed a government. Khaleda Zia is also the Prime Minister in this Parliament. The term of this parliament ended on 26 October 2008.
In the ninth parliamentary elections held in December 2008, the four-party alliance led by Khaleda Zia was defeated by a huge margin of votes. The four-party alliance won only 32 seats, compared to the grand alliance’s 270 seats.
- Many political parties in Bangladesh, including the Khaleda Zia-led coalition, boycotted the 10th parliamentary elections held on January 5, 2014.
Some laser known Fact about Khaleda Zia
- She has been arrested a total of four times since he joined the party as a primary member on January 3, 1982. Ershad was arrested on 28 November 1983, 3 May 1984, and 11 November 1987 during the anti-Ershad movement.
- He was last arrested along with his son on September 3, 2007, on corruption charges. He was released on September 11, 2008 on the orders of the High Court.
- During his long one-year and seven-day imprisonment after his arrest by the caretaker government, no significant progress was made in any of the ongoing cases against him, and no allegations were made against him in the ongoing investigation.
Some Questions Answer:
Question: Who is the first Muslim woman prime minister in the world?
Answer: Khaleda Zia first Muslim woman prime minister in the world.
Question: How much age now Khaleda Zia?
Answer: 74 years old as of 2020.
If you want to edit this post or If you want to modify anything then you can email me at [email protected] & if you want to read more political leaders in Bangladesh than you can check here for more Bangladeshi politicians like Sheikh Hasina.